Which Insurance Companies Participate in the Arkansas program?
These companies change often. Please call our breastpump specialist at 870-333-1230 to find out if you qualify. (*Deductables may apply.)
What is the ACA?
The Affordable Care Act (ACA) was signed into law in 2010. There are many parts of the ACA, but one of the most valuable is that ACA requires health plans to cover breastfeeding support and supplies. Many health plans began implementing this coverage on or after August 1, 2012.
Does this apply to me?
If you have a private insurance carrier or commercial insurer, this law applies to you. The breastfeeding provisions of the ACA do not apply to Medicaid or WIC. However, breastpumps are available through WIC and many state Medicaid programs. For information on how to obtain a breastpump through WIC or Medicaid, contact your state WIC agency.
What Does My Insurance Company Cover?
Coverage varies among insurance plans so start researching pumps now and talk to your insurance company early. That way, you'll be prepared when the exciting time comes!
Questions to ask your insurance provider now:
- What kind of breastpump am I eligible for?
- I want a Medela Pump In Style - is it covered? How much to upgrade?
- When and where can I get my pump?
- Do I need a prescription from a doctor to be covered for a hospital-grade rental pump?
- What are the requirements for lactation counseling reimbursement?